AMTEK UV-C SERIE
HANDRAIL DISINFECTION UNITS
Efficiency, quality and longevity make the AMTEK family of UV-C lights an integral component of your optimized sanitation strategy.
Introducing the AMTEK UV-C Series SteriGrasp Handrail Disinfection Units. The only safety-certified ultraviolet light (UV-C) disinfection units in North & South America, as well as in Europe. Self-powered and self-contained units that eliminate over 98% of bacteria found on handrails.
Escalator and walkway
handrails can contain
millions of microbes
including harmful bacteria,
germs, viruses and
pathogens which lead
to the spread of
One germ can multiply into more than 8
million germs in one day.
Methicilin-Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus (MRSA) can survive on solid surfaces for hours, days, or even weeks.
Bacteria such as E. Coli and MRSA can cause severe illness and are easily transmitted when surfaces aren’t cleaned properly and regularly
“80% of infections are spread the same way: Someone touches a germ-ridden surface.”
“77% of escalator accidents were caused by slipping or falling.”
Create a safer, cleaner and healthy environment for your customers with the AMTEK UV-C Series SteriGrasp Handrail Disinfection Units.
• The AMTEK SteriGrasp units use UV-C light to greatly reduce the risk of bacteria and virus transmission. This increases the confidence of users to safely grasp the handrail and reduces accidents and injuries to your customers.
• Proven testing shows that after the first hour of typical operation of our product, a 98% reduction of pathogens is maintained continuously as the escalator or walkway operates.
• Conventional disinfectants can quickly kill and reduce the number of bacteria on a surface, but only while the solution is wet. The AMTEK UV-C Series SteriGrasp Handrail Disinfection Units operate continuously and do not allow bacteria to regrow.
The AMTEK UV-C Series SteriGrasp Standard Handrail Disinfection Unit
Increase safety and improve your customers’ experience at shopping malls, airports, hospitals, hotels, schools, transit stations, and more!
• The most effective disinfection process for handrails.
• Low power, long life LED UV-C light eliminates over 98% of bacteria, including viruses such as E. Coli and Inuenza.
• The self-generation system
produces power from the
moving handrail in either
• The low voltage DC electricity produced by the rotational motion of the handrail then activates the UV-C LED disinfection light as well as a blue operation light visible to users.
• Easily and safely mounts to
the handrail balustrades
(glass or stainless steel).
• The attachment is non-per- manent and requires no drilling or modification to the existing escalator or walkway structure.
• Rollers are on torsion
springs to easily disengage
from any external objects
inserted into the unit.
• The UV Light will not func- tion if the unit is removed from the handrail, or the handrail has stopped moving.
The AMTEK UV-C Series SteriGrasp Hidden Handrail Disinfection Unit
• The unit uses a quartz glass
lens to deliver almost 100% of
the UV-C light efficiently to the
surface of the handrail.
• 12 UV-C LEDs operating at
20 mW deliver 240 mW of
UV-C Disinfection power.
(24 VDC @ 100 mA). The
UV-C LED modules are
enclosed in a ceramic
housing with a maintenance
cycle of 10,000 hours.
• An eye-catching illuminated
operation light is easily
installed on the exterior of the
inner deck board. This indicator
provides the user with con-
dence that the handrail is safe,
and also allows a quick verifi-
cation for maintenance.
• Major public locations such as airports, malls, and public transit have become the focus of international health organizations as the source of COVID-19 transmission. Our technology is easily attached to existing escalators and walkways and starts working immediately.
• Locations do not have to be evacuated to apply the UV-C technology. Our UV-C unit is self-contained, and UL safety certified, therefore completely safe to be used continuously in public environments without any risk of UV-C exposure.
• The AMTEK SteriGrasp Handrail Disinfection Units are a visible reminder that your location has an active appliance in place to enhance public safety. The units provide an easy-to-understand prompt that the handrail
is being UV-C disinfected in real-time.
• Two models are available for glass or balustrade systems. Custom hybrid units are also available for systems with both glass and stainless steel balustrades.
• The AMTEK SteriGrasp Handrail Disinfection Units are currently in operation in 100’s of locations worldwide. Now, they are finally available in North and South America, as well as in Europe.
• Ideally suited for malls, airports, hospitals, schools, offices, cruise ships, hotels, conference centers, entertainment venues, and public transportation infrastructure. Anywhere an escalator or moving walkway exists.
The AMTEK series of UV-C light products delivers smart and innovative disinfection technologies to market. We focus on solutions that eliminate harsh or toxic chemicals and provide our customers with safer and healthier environments. Our team has over 35 years of experience in the design, development, marketing & distribution of products that are created and optimized with our clients’ needs in mind.
AMTEK is a Canadian-owned company, proudly serving the global market with great products, exceptional quality, relentless service, and a belief that we can always do better to meet your needs
“Self-powered UV blaster kills
handrail germs on escalators”
“Handrail sterilizer promises
to keep escalators germ free.”
Extensive medical, laboratory and field tests have validated the results of UV-C disinfection, and the effectiveness of the AMTEK UV-C Series Handrail Disinfection Unit in moving handrail installations:
• UV-C disinfection significantly reduced the number of bacteria on surfaces directly or indirectly exposed to UV-C
• Up to 99.999% reduction of pathogenic bacteria and viruses